Giving money is one way that we demonstrate our understanding of the gospel of grace. Because God has been so generous by sending his one and only Son, Jesus, into the world to die upon the cross in our place, we are free to be generous by giving God a portion of our income through the church to be distributed to those who are in need. God does not need our money, but he wants our hearts; giving shows that we trust him with our life.
The Apostle Paul writes about the gospel and the grace of giving in 2nd Corinthians, saying, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ: Though he was rich, for your sake he became poor, so that by his poverty you might become rich…. Each person should do as he has decided in his heart—not reluctantly or out of compulsion, since God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make every grace overflow to you, so that in every way, always having everything you need, you may excel in every good work.”
Ways To Give
- Sunday Worship: Offerings are collected at Sunday Worship weekly. Many Christians prefer to give through the tangible sharing of checks or cash as part of their worship experience.
- By Mail: Checks can be mailed to the church at the following address:
Hope Presbyterian Church
2050 N Peace Haven Rd
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
- Through Bill Pay: Many banks offer a “bill pay” service where payments can be issued one time or on a regular schedule. Typically payments are issued through a paper-check that is mailed to the church. Contact your bank on their ability to provide this option.
- Online: Charitable gifts to the church can be made electronically from this link, or by installing the Church Center App. For Apple devices, click here. For Android and Google Play devices, click here. These services are a component of Planning Center, a church management software Hope uses. Please consider increasing your online gift by 3% to cover processing fees.
- Text to Give: Text any dollar amount to 84321 to give. Then follow a quick, self-guided setup process to tie your mobile phone to Hope Church, your donor account, and a payment source. After that, donating is as easy as sending a text.
- Non-Cash Assets: Gifts of securities can be received through our brokerage account with Robert W Baird & Company. The contact is Karver Bolton; his number is 336-631-5871. If you are interested in donating other non-cash assets please contact the bookkeeper.
- Planned Giving: There are many opportunities to develop long-term tax-advantaged giving strategies to benefit the church and your family. Speak with your financial advisor about making Hope a partial beneficiary of your life insurance policy/IRA/401k, including the church in your will, giving non-real estate personal property, establishing charitable trusts to benefit heirs and Hope, and other options.
Designating Your Giving
- General Fund: Undesignated contributions will be allocated to our general fund. This account covers the operation and staffing of Hope Church. In 2022 the budget is roughly $950,000.
- Deacons Fund: The Deacons of Hope Church collect a separate fund to provide mercy to individuals in crisis in our community. This is used for both members and others who are referred to the church.
- Building Fund: You can designate a gift towards the physical property of Hope Church. These funds are used for our pavilion and firepit project, capital expenses, and reducing the mortgage on our property.
Questions About Giving
Need help setting it up? Watch this short video to get you started.