As you know, Hope has engaged Ministry Architects to help us navigate our recent growth. As part of this 18-month process, a “Renovation Team” has been formed to help shepherd our staff, deacons, and elders in establishing new systems and processes. Below are some updates on what has been accomplished in the first months of their volunteer work and what is on the horizon for the next three months.
- Prayer Team: We are grateful to have gathered a dedicated prayer team to support our efforts. Their commitment to keeping the group centered and lifted in prayer is invaluable throughout this 18-month process.
- Staff Job Descriptions: The team has worked diligently to craft and review comprehensive job descriptions for our staff members. This foundational work will hopefully help staff better understand their goals and prioritize their work, along with providing a point of reference for the personnel committee as they conduct annual reviews.
- Volunteer Recruitment Process: A structured recruitment process for our volunteer positions has been established. This process will be instrumental in matching dedicated individuals who share our vision to the church’s varied ministries.
- Ministry Match Survey: Following the launch of the Ministry Match survey, the team has been working on an ongoing utilization plan that builds the survey into the regular rhythms of the church. This will help our ministry leaders become familiar with where our volunteers are well equipped and best enjoy serving.
- Volunteer Recruitment Process: Members of the Renovation Team will be meeting with staff to ensure they are trained and ready to work with a clear volunteer recruitment process.
- Internal Communication Plans: The team will be developing a communication protocol by which all decisions and important information are shared amongst Session, Deacons, the pastors, and staff in a timely and responsive manner.
- Visitor Welcome: Members of the team will also be working on a game plan for welcoming and following up with church visitors. Upon the hire of the Director of Administration, this game plan will be supported by the effective use of our database to ensure a consistent welcome to all visitors.
As always, if you have any questions, or if you are interested in helping with a particular project, please reach out to a member of the team.
The Renovation Team (Meg Horvat, Tom Nicholson, Jason Whitener, Lilla Capellari, and Matthew Hornaday)