Hope Church is excited to continue another year of partnership with Speas Elementary School in the Lunch Buddy Program
Volunteers will have a weekly lunch with one child for the 2018/2019 school year. It is a 45-minute per week commitment, but this personal investment of your time will have a tremendous impact on this child’s life. It speaks volumes to your child that you show up weekly just for them. The children in this program do not have an adult in their life that shows up consistently–someone to listen, someone interested in what they are interested in, someone who celebrates their achievements and consoles their losses. We all need this, especially a child.
- We will be recruiting lunch buddies during the month of October.
- In November there will be one training session at Speas Elementary School with all training materials provided.
- You will be paired with your lunch buddy after completion of the training session.
- Depending upon response, free childcare may be provided at Hope Church for our Wednesday Lunch Buddy Volunteers.
- Volunteers can choose the weekday on which they will serve.