The Children’s ministry at Hope provides opportunities for children to learn and grow in the truths of our faith. It is the desire of our Hope Church children’s ministry teaching team to have a gospel-centered Sunday School and worship class experience for our children as well as to partner with parents in raising children who know and embrace the gospel. We pray they will know the Good Shepherd who gathers His lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart (John 10:11; Isaiah 40:11).
Please fill out our Child Care Card to add your child to our Children’s Ministry roster.
We offer Sunday School from early September through mid June for 3 years old, 4-5 years old, K-1st graders, 2nd-3rd graders, and 4th-5th graders from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.
- 3 years old: “God’s Son/God’s Love” (Room 108)
- 4-5 years (Pre-K): “God’s Son/God’s Love” (Room 110)
- K-1st: Jesus Storybook Bible (Room 106)
- 2nd-3rd: Gospel Story (Old Testament) (Room 201)
- 4th-5th: Gospel Story (Old Testament) (Room 203)
- The 3 year olds through 2nd graders have the opportunity to attend a children’s worship class each Sunday after the song of response, and then they return to join their parents during the Lord’s Supper.
- The K-2nd graders remain in the worship service on the last Sunday of each month. Once a quarter, all of the children (up to 5th grade) may participate in a worship class with an emphasis on missions and service.
The K-2nd worship class has an Offertory as an aspect to our children’s worship time. In order to allow these children to participate in this important act of worship, we will be passing an offering basket each Sunday during children’s worship class. If you and/or your child feel inclined to participate, please send them with whatever offering you feel is appropriate. Your child is not required to participate. We encourage parents to take time at home to also discuss tithe/offering and why we give them.
- 3s: Character of God (Room 108)
- 4-5s: Character of God (Room 110)
- K-2nd: Gospel Story (Room 106)
- We offer family worship services throughout the year during which children learn the basic components of our worship service and are able to participate.
- A communicants’ class is offered once a year to children in 3rd grade and above.
- Vacation Bible School is held each summer for the children of Hope Church, as well as for our friends, neighbors, family members and children of the Winston-Salem community.
- The children’s choir participates in worship services periodically through the year including Christmas Eve and Palm Sunday.
If you would like to receive seasonal e-mail updates from our Children’s Ministry Coordinator, please send her an e-mail using her contact information below to be added to the list.