Embrace: We want children to know that they are created by God in His image, so they are special and unique to God. Even though they are sinful and fallen, God has sent His own Son, Jesus, to rescue them. Through Jesus’ death and resurrection, they enjoy the embrace of God the Father and the gift of life to the full that He gives to His children.
Equip: God has given us His Word to help us know Him and His heart. Children have the opportunity to learn and grow in their understanding of God by learning the truths of Scripture including redemptive history and how to apply biblical concepts to their lives. By teaching children the precepts of God’s Word, the Holy Spirit equips them to live as followers of Jesus.
Engage: God has created each child with purpose and special gifts. We want children to understand that they are equipped to take the message of the gospel into the world as Christ has commanded us. We will explore opportunities that God has given us to engage the world with the gospel by serving others and proclaiming the good news to our neighbors near and far.
Please fill out our Child Care Card to add your child to our Children’s Ministry roster.
We offer Sunday School from early September through mid-June for 3-5 years old (Pre-K), K-2nd graders, and 3rd-5th graders from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. We are using Dwell curriculum for all three classes which are theologically and philosophically reformed. Children will learn about individual Bible stories within the overarching story of Creation, Rebellion, Redemption, and Consummation that is found in Scripture. Lessons are first and foremost about God, who He is, and what He has done for us through His Son. More information, as well as a scope and sequence, can be found on their website.
- 3-5 years old (Pre-K): Dwell Play (Room 108)
- K-2nd: Dwell Imagine (Room 106)
3rd-5th: Dwell Marvel (Room 203)
- The 3-year-olds through 2nd graders have the opportunity to attend a children’s worship class each Sunday after the song of response, and then they return to join their parents during the Lord’s Supper. We want children to experience the joy and blessing that is available through corporate worship, believing that we want this means of grace to be available to them at an early age. To help prepare them for corporate worship, we offer classes during a portion of the service so that they can have age-appropriate and engaging lessons while also practicing praying, listening to the Word, listening to teaching, and singing along.
- The K-2nd graders remain in the worship service on the last Sunday of each month both to enjoy corporate worship and to train for when they join us full time in third grade. Once a quarter, all of the children (up to 5th grade) may participate in a worship class with an emphasis on missions and service.
The K-2nd worship classes have an Offertory as an aspect to our children’s worship time. In order to allow these children to participate in this important act of worship, we will be passing an offering basket each Sunday during children’s worship class. If you and/or your child feel inclined to participate, please send them with whatever offering you feel is appropriate (a few coins is great). Your child is not required to participate. We encourage parents to take time at home to also discuss tithe/offering and why we give them.
- 3s: Beginner Gospel Story Bible (Room 108)
- 4/5s: Beginner Gospel Story Bible (Room 110)
- Readiness/K: Gospel Story Bible (NT) (Room 106)
- 1st-2nd: Gospel Story Bible (NT) (Middle School Room)
- We offer a family worship service during the year during which children learn the basic components of our worship service and are able to participate.
- A communicants’ class is offered in January by David Speakman to children in 3rd-5th grade during the Sunday School hour in room 203.
- Parent’s Night Out events are offered quarterly and can be found on this website and on the Church Center App by Planning Center.
- Occasional parenting seminars and classes are offered. They will be advertised on the website, in Looking Up, in the Bulletin, and in monthly newsletters to parents.
- The children will learn Scripture Memory Verse(s) each month using Scripture set to music. They will sing and recite these during Sunday School and Worship each month. We encourage you to make this part of your family worship routine at home as well. Kids can see Sarah Beam each month to recite (or sing) the verse and pick a prize from the treasure chest. The schedule is found here.
Check-Ins Greeting Team
Serve every 6-8 weeks depending on the size of our team. The schedule will be generated 2 months in advance once we are established and swapping will be possible.
- Warmly greet visiting families and assist with checking in children.
- Provide a brochure with pertinent information.
- Assist with setting children up in our Check-Ins system (A degree of comfort level with computer apps is helpful)
- For visitors interested in returning, gather parent information including email and begin a workflow in Planning Center so we can follow-up.
- Walk parents to the nursery or advise on when the kids will leave the service.
- When the kids exit, connect the parents/children to the appropriate teachers.
- Let them know that kids will rejoin the service but it can be helpful to stand at the back after the pastor concludes with prayer to reconnect with your child.
- Answer any questions about the Security and Child Protection Policies.
If you would like to receive monthly e-mail updates from our Children’s Ministry Director, please send her an e-mail using her contact information below to be added to the list after you fill out this form.