Embrace: We want children to know that they are created by God in His image, so they are special and unique to God. Even though they are sinful and fallen, God has sent His own Son, Jesus, to rescue them. Through Jesus’ death and resurrection, they enjoy the embrace of God the Father and the gift of life to the full that He gives to His children.
Equip: God has given us His Word to help us know Him and His heart. Children have the opportunity to learn and grow in their understanding of God by learning the truths of Scripture including redemptive history and how to apply biblical concepts to their lives. By teaching children the precepts of God’s Word, the Holy Spirit equips them to live as followers of Jesus.
Engage: God has created each child with purpose and special gifts. We want children to understand that they are equipped to take the message of the gospel into the world as Christ has commanded us. We will explore opportunities that God has given us to engage the world with the gospel by serving others and proclaiming the good news to our neighbors near and far.
Please fill out our Child Care Card to add your child to our Children’s Ministry roster.
We offer Sunday School from early September through mid June for 3-5 years old (Pre-K), K-1st graders, 2nd-3rd graders, and 4th-5th graders from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.
- 3-5 years old (Pre-K): “Hearts Alive” (Room 108)
- K-1st: Jesus Storybook Bible (Room 106)
- 2nd-3rd: Gospel Story (Old Testament) (Room 201)
- 4th-5th: Gospel Story (Old Testament) (Room 203)
- The 3 year olds through 2nd graders have the opportunity to attend a children’s worship class each Sunday after the song of response, and then they return to join their parents during the Lord’s Supper.
- The K-2nd graders remain in the worship service on the last Sunday of each month. Once a quarter, all of the children (up to 5th grade) may participate in a worship class with an emphasis on missions and service.
The K-2nd worship classes has an Offertory as an aspect to our children’s worship time. In order to allow these children to participate in this important act of worship, we will be passing an offering basket each Sunday during children’s worship class. If you and/or your child feel inclined to participate, please send them with whatever offering you feel is appropriate. Your child is not required to participate. We encourage parents to take time at home to also discuss tithe/offering and why we give them.
- 3s: Character of God (Room 108)
- 4-5s: Character of God (Room 110)
- K: Gospel Story (New Testament) (Room 106)
- 1st-2nd: God’s Design for Worship (Middle School Room)
- We offer a family worship service during the year during which children learn the basic components of our worship service and are able to participate.
- A communicants’ class is offered in the Spring to children in 3rd grade and above.
- Vacation Bible School is held each summer for the children of Hope Church, as well as for our friends, neighbors, family members and children of the Winston-Salem community.
- The children’s choir participates in worship services periodically through the year including Christmas Eve and Palm Sunday.
If you would like to receive seasonal e-mail updates from our Children’s Ministry Coordinator, please send her an e-mail using her contact information below to be added to the list.