All Hope members serve our children in some capacity. This commitment is one way our church family loves each other well and fulfills the vows we make at a child’s baptism. New volunteers to help with these ministries are welcome, but must submit an application and background check. Please use the links below to access the forms and to view our policies.
Our children’s ministry is 3 years old-5th grade. We require two Sunday School teachers and prefer they both commit to the entire school year (late August-early June from 9:30-10:15am). Volunteers will be walking children through a portion of Scripture each week. There will be opportunities for the children to respond through creativity (art, music, etc.) Teachers will attend quarterly teaching meetings and will be provided with a curriculum to aid them in teaching the class.
There are three children’s Sunday School classes:
- 3-5 year-olds (Pre-K)
- Kindergarten-2nd grade
- 3rd-5th grade
Children’s worship class
- 1st-2nd grade
CHECK-INS GREETING TEAM
Serve every 6-8 weeks depending on the size of our team. The schedule will be generated 2 months in advance once we are established and swapping will be possible.
- Warmly greet visiting families and assist with checking in children.
- Provide a brochure with pertinent information.
- Assist with setting children up in our Check-Ins system (A degree of comfort level with computer apps is helpful)
- For visitors interested in returning, gather parent information including email and begin a workflow in Planning Center so we can follow-up.
- Walk parents to the nursery or advise on when the kids will leave the service.
- When the kids exit, connect the parents/children to the appropriate teachers.
- Let them know that kids will rejoin the service but it can be helpful to stand at the back after the pastor concludes with prayer to reconnect with your child.
- Answer any questions about the Security and Child Protection Policies.
We realize that any teacher is going to have to be away occasionally. Often parents step in and sub, but it is also helpful to have a list of people who are willing to assist when needed.